Teach and develop your EFL career in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Danang, Haiphong and other provinces in Vietnam at International House Affiliate Apollo Education and Training Vietnam
*NEW PAYSCALES AS OF MARCH 2008*
*Year round start dates *
• Commitment to professional development and high teaching standards
• Competitive packages
• Wide range of resources and modern facilities
• Variety of course types
• Opportunities for development and promotion
• Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
• The chance to teach in and experience the real Vietnam in Danang, Haiphong and other provincial cities and towns
We are committed to high standards of teaching and training for teachers.
Our professional development program includes:
• Regular observations schedule plus ‘pop-in’ observations
• Annual Professional Development Interviews
• Regular training workshops
• IH in-service courses (e.g. the IHCYL and BET).
• DELTA sponsorship available (after 3 months employment) of up to $1000 on passing, plus a further 25% of fees per further year working for Apollo (up to a maximum of $1000 per year and a total of $4000)
• Internal promotion opportunities
Costs of living are such that you can enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle in Vietnam – most of our teachers eat out every night, and spend holidays travelling in Asia without working too hard to save.
• Salary: 1360 USD – 1680 USD per month, depending on qualifications and experience (tax is payable on a sliding scale, most teachers pay around 10-20%)
• Medical insurance allowance: up to 550 USD per year
• Flight allowance: up to 500 USD per year (paid at the end of contract)
• Settling in accommodation allowance: up to 150 USD
• Completion Bonus: 900 USD paid at the completion of a one year contract (NB Bonus is also taxable income)
• Re-signing Bonus: 500 USD paid for renewal of a full-time one year contract
• 20 [twenty] working days paid annual leave and an additional nine [nine] paid days off for national holidays.
Interesting range of teaching opportunities
YL/ Kindy / G.E./ IELTS / TOEFL preparation courses, plus Business English, English for Academic Purposes and specialised courses (e.g. Pronunciation), as we expand our program for corporate & public clients. Teachers are encouraged and expected to teach across a range of courses. We also run courses in other cities as part of our corporate program, and there are opportunities to be based in Danang or to spend time in one of the provincial cities or towns (for example Haiphong), to really get a feel for Vietnam – see our website for further information.
240 hours per quarter – normally scheduled at 20-23 hours per week. Most Kindy and YL teaching hours are during the weekend, except during summer when classes are also run on weekdays. Most adult teaching hours are in the evening, although some corporate teaching is daytime. Classes run from 7.30am to 9.45pm Monday – Friday; 7.45 am – 8.15pm on Saturday and 7.45am – 6pm on Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible.
The Academic team includes an Academic Manager, Academic Coordinators and/or Senior teachers plus support staff in each location. They are there to support you in both academic and personal matters and will help you settle into your new life in Vietnam.
The school does not provide accommodation, but can arrange a hotel (at a modest cost) for arrival. Please note that the contract also includes a settling in allowance of 150 USD to help with initial accommodation expenses. The school will offer help in finding longer term housing as well. You will be met at the airport and taken to your hotel.
Job requirements for all teaching positions
• Native English speaker
• BA or MA (NB this is essential for Work Permit requirements)
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL or equivalent
• At least one year’s experience or B in CELTA etc.
• Enthusiasm, energy and a strong sense of cultural awareness are essential.
All expatriate staff require a visa PLUS a work permit. Apollo applies for a business visa before the employee departs their current country of residence. All costs for visa and all costs for Work Permit documents incurred in Vietnam are covered by Apollo (receipts required). Work Permit costs incurred outside Vietnam, such as notarization of qualifications (for US citizens) and the criminal background check, are the employees’ responsibility. Employees will need to provide originals of documents (TEFL certification & university degree) for notarization in Vietnam. A medical check, done locally, (including blood test) is also required. Apollo will assist in getting this done and cover related costs.
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: www.apolloedutrain.com/teachers
Please email a full CV to Ms. Kathleen Parsons: