Berlitz Costa Rica invites you to join its team of teachers and learn about the exciting world of opportunities that it has to offer.
Berlitz International Inc. is the world’s premier language services firm, providing expertise in language instruction and cross-cultural training throughout the world.
Berlitz has been teaching languages for more than 125 years and has millions of successful alumni. The time-proven principles of the Berlitz Method®, a communicative teaching approach, are constantly enhanced with new and updated programs and the latest learning technology.
Berlitz is a customer-focused company. Our first principle of operation is Total Customer Orientation. Every employee plays an important role in delivering excellent customer service and maintaining the highest quality standards of instruction.
As a Berlitz Instructor you will:
-Experience Continuous Learning
Berlitz will provide you with all the training and support necessary to become a professional and successful instructor. In addition, you will learn to work in an international team, grasp a new culture and have the opportunity to learn Spanish.
-Develop Valuable Skills
Communication skills, evaluation skills, giving feedback, classroom and time management, customer service and much more. You will use and develop these skills on a daily basis at Berlitz both in the classroom with your students and while interacting with your colleagues at the Language Center.
-Make a Difference
You will make a difference in the lives of your students by helping them reach their individual language goals. In addition, Berlitz recognizes that its employees are the key to a successful company. We engage the input and feedback of our staff on a continuous basis. You will have the opportunity to contribute to and benefit from the success of Berlitz.
-Open the Door to Opportunity
As a Berlitz employee, you will have the possibility to pursue other career opportunities within the Berlitz network of over 400 language centers in 60 countries.
Having had the experience of working in a multinational organization as Berlitz, is an excellent reference to include in your resume for future career endeavors.
Teamwork for Success
– When you become a member of our staff, you will receive training and support from a professional team.
– Team building and team spirit are important to us at Berlitz; the entire Language Center staff – administrative and instructional – adheres to an open-door policy.
We are seeking instructors for our international team who:
• have native fluency in the English language
• are dynamic, mature and professional
• are dependable and punctual
• have professional presentation
• are culturally sensitive and have excellent organizational and communication skills
• are looking to work for a minimum of six months
• are interested in teaching adults as well as children
• are self-motivated
• are team players
• have the willingness to do other Center related tasks
• Continuous Professional training
• Pleasant working environment
• Working Permit
• Scholarships to learn other languages
• Housing: In regards to the Housing issue, each Instructor will seek for his own housing arrangements; Berlitz may help in the search if requested.
• Scope of service: The instructor should provide service at all Berlitz centers (San Pedro, Downtown, Sabana, Santa Ana) and to all of the “On-Site” trainings at our clients locations.
• Wage: The starting wage is set at US$4.04 per lesson of 45 min (US$5.33 per Hour) and additional pay raises will come in effect depending on total teaching hours given. A full-time instructor give an average of 35 – 40 lessons per week
• Other Benefits: Each instructor is titled to scholarship programs to learn any language he or she desires at our centers after working for more than 3 months. These programs go from full scholarship in group instruction to partial scholarships in private instructions.
• Working Permits: Berlitz CR will cover the expenses of the working permit. You will be required to bring with you a copy of your Birth Certificate and a Criminal Background check. Both have to be authenticated by the Costa Rican Consulate in your country. This working permit is temporary and it is tied exclusively to the Berlitz/Instructor relationship. If the candidate decides to quit as well if Berlitz decide to terminate the working contract, this permit will automatically expire. This is under the understanding that if the instructor decides to leave before the six months period he or she will have to reimburse such permit expenses to Berlitz ($250.00 aprox.).
• Berlitz Policies: Each Instructor has to comply with the Berlitz International Policies
• Dress Code: As we give service to clients who are mostly corporate, the Berlitz dress code requires that all employees dress in a professional manner. E.I. Men: long sleeve shirt and tie. Women: office attire.
• Schedule: Availability of Mon. thru Fri. from 07:00 to 21:00 and Saturday from 08:00 to 14:00
Our Berlitz teams have diverse backgrounds and come from a variety of different cultures. You’ll hear more than one different language every day.
It’s an exciting, creative, and dynamic environment!
APPLY TODAY! Write to email@example.com