Bilingual School in Santa Rosa de Copan, Honduras is looking for Full-Time Elementary & Middle School Teachers (1st-7th Grade)
Start Date: August 6th, 2019
End Date: June 18th, 2020 (with a contract extension opportunity)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Native English speaker
• Teaching experience required, but new teachers are welcome to apply as well.
• Experience teaching abroad.
• Christian values are preferred
•Committed to staying for the whole academic year
•Please send the following information to the emails listed above:
Statement of interest/Cover letter
• 20 to 25 hours of instructional time per week, 10 hours a week for planning, job duties, and staff meetings.
• 6:50 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday*
• 2 weeks off for December Holidays
• 1 week off for Easter Holidays
• Honduran Holidays
Salary and benefits
• 14,800. Lempiras (approx. 600 USD), per month
• 3,500 Lempiras (approx. 170 USD) rent stipend per month paid by the school to the landlord.
• Flight refund from the U.S.A ( or equivalent) to Honduras- payable upon completion of the first half of the contract (maximum $600)
• Return flight refund – payable upon completion of the entire contract.
• Medical Insurance provided.
• Traveling opportunities on our end.
About Santa Rosa de Copan
Santa Rosa de Copan is the Honduran Capital of Quality Coffee, rating as one of the top 5 coffee producers in the entire world, Santa Rosa also shares a thriving historical center that portraits the beauty of colonial times. During the months of April and August, there are many important events held in Santa Rosa, for instance, the Expo Copan offers a wide range of activities, gastronomic delights, as well as a nationwide known artistic scene. Santa Rosa de Copan is two hours away from The Mayan city of Copan Ruinas, and 1 hour away from Parque Arqueologico el Puente ( Another Mayan site). Copan department is two hours away from El Salvador and borders Guatemala where you can find even more places of interest ( including the Majestic city of Tikal).
About our school
Our school was founded in 1982, and it’s one of the first private schools in town, At the heart of its conception, Alfa y Omega has directed its efforts to make quality bilingual education accessible to students regardless of the socioeconomic status of their family. The school also provides scholarships.
If you have any inquiries do not hesitate in contacting any of the emails listed above. email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com