We are seeking a part-time, contract, experienced ESL trainer to provide individual lessons to one of our clients. Our client would like to begin lessons as soon as possible.
This position is ideal for teachers who are passionate about language and sharing that passion with their students. We offer the opportunity to bring your individual teaching style in unique teaching environment:
– We do not impose a curriculum on you. We give you as a language professional the ability to judge “on the ground” how to adapt instruction to a student’s individual needs and interests. You won’t be alone though, because we do have resources on staff to help you out.
– Very flexible scheduling. You coordinate the lesson schedule directly with the client, but we encourage lessons 2-3 times per week for a minimum of one hour per lesson.
– We reimburse travel expenses as well as expenses for books/materials you provide to the student.
– Rate of $25 per hour of instruction, paid on a 1099 contract.
– Opportunities for more work in the future depending on availability.
– Provide individual high-quality ESL language instruction to our client.
– Regularly report hours of instruction along with lesson overview. Submit accurate expense reports and receipts for materials provided to student.
– Evaluate and report student progress regularly.
– At least 2 years successful ESL teaching/training experience.
– Bachelor’s degree.
Master’s in TESOL, Linguistics, Education or other advanced degree a plus.
– Know how to and be willing to adapt teaching methods to students’ learning styles and needs.
– Be located in or near the Pasadena, CA area. Can reliably meet at a location specified by our client.
We are IOR Global Services, and we provide destination assistance in relocation, cross-cultural training, and language training to Fortune 500 companies that are transferring executives internationally.
To be considered for this position, please send a resume and a professional biography of 1-2 paragraphs to the attention of the Language Programs Manager