I am Ms Can Ha Khanh of Training Department of EQuest Company (www.equest.edu.vn). EQuest Group is one of the leading company in providing consultancy service for students wishing to study aboard, and courses in TOEFL iBT, IELTS, GRE, SAT, GMAT, etc. for Vietnamese students. I am looking for more native English trainers to teach full time TOEFL iBT, IELTS, GRE, SAT, GMAT, General English and Business English.
Here is some information concerning the position:
1. Job Description:
* Working hours are 40hours/week, of which real teaching hours inside class are from 18 -20 /week, 5 hours/week for editing essays. The rest of the time will be for curriculum designing, lesson preparation, test marking, interviewing students and related jobs.
* Most students are teenagers and young adults from 20 to 30 years old. Class size is from 14 – 18 students.
* The main teaching place is in Hanoi (maybe in some other cities if required).
* Trainers are required to have Bachelor degree and teaching certificate (TESOL/ CELTA/ TEFL). Those with certificates or knowledge of TOEFL iBT, IELTS, SAT, GRE, GMAT are preferable.
* Trainers with more than one year experience teaching English can be considered if they do not have a teaching certificate.
3. Test Process before Recruiting
Step 1: Provide native teachers with information related to the job, salary, benefits, etc… through email. In case they have enquiries, they can contact EQuest through emails for discussion.
Step 2: Interview native teachers to know about the teaching experiences, pronunciation, etc. (In case native teachers are in Vietnam, the interview will be face-to-face one. If they are abroad, EQuest interview through chat or telephone.)
Step 3: Native teachers who have not taken TOEFL iBT will have to take 2 tests of TOEFL iBT Kaplan at EQuest, mainly two skills: speaking and writing. Their scores must reach over 80%.
Step 4: Native teachers in Vietnam will have to spend time observing classes, then they have to take trial lessons. In case they are abroad, native teachers are required to prepare the lesson plan, in which they present the teaching methodology, time distribution, etc they apply to the lessons.
The salary is based on the degrees, teaching certificates, teaching experiences, how long they commit to work, results of the TOEFL iBT tests (2) taken at the company and the trial lessons. Salary is paid on the last day of the calendar month.
Teacher from … Ranges
US, England, Australia, Canada 1200 – 1500 USD/ month
India, The Philippines, South Africa and countries where people are bilingual 800 – 1000 USD/ month
5. Other benefits:
* Medical insurance is provided for native trainers, which saves them about 100USD/month.
* Vacation includes one day per contractual month and nine (9) days for Vietnamese national holidays.
* If the trainers commit to work for two years, at least, the work permit will be arranged and paid by the company (as long as the trainer has the Criminal Check issued by his/her government), which saves each trainer about USD 500/year. Also, the one way flight ticket will be reimbursed nine months after the starting day.
o Interested trainers are kindly required to email their detailed CV, degrees, certificates and copy of their passports (with visa) to me: email@example.com
o Starting time: as soon as possible.