The English Department at South East European University invites native English language speakers to apply for three full-time English Language Instructor positions commencing September 2008.
Minimum qualifications and experience required:
• A Masters and/or PhD in ELT, Linguistics, or TEFL/TESOL.
• A bachelor degree in English Language, preferably Linguistics / English Literature.
• A certificate in TEFL / TESOL / HDIP/ CELTA.
• A minimum of 2 years experience in teaching at a college / university level.
The candidates should be:
• Versatile, flexible and prepared to live in a developing country;
• Able to take a communicative and interactive approach in the classroom;
• Able to recognise learner needs and adapt teaching approaches accordingly;
• Motivated and able to motivate others and to make learning enjoyable;
• Able to develop a rapport with their students.
• Culturally sensitive;
The teaching load per week of Integrated Skills classes for undergraduates is up to 16 hours over four days depending on the schedule.
Candidates will also be expected to teach on the English Department’s new Masters program in ELT. Courses offered include Computer Assisted Language Learning, Second Language Acquisition, Teaching Vocabulary, and Pedagogical Writing.
The salary is 1200 Euro per month after taxes (plus 300 Euro per month for teaching on the ELT Masters programme). The contract is initially signed for one year. It is then renewable on a yearly basis thereafter.
We can provide accommodation on campus at no cost. Should the candidate decide to rent accommodation outside of the campus, the University will be willing to help in finding a suitable place either in the city of Tetovo or the Macedonian capital Skopje (40 km away).
The academic year runs from late September to June and is divided into two fifteen-week semesters. Holidays normally include all Orthodox and Muslim Festivals, and eight weeks in summer. SEE University offers excellent working conditions.
Send curriculum vitae and cover letter via e-mail attachment to:
Any enquiries should also be directed to this address.
Deadline: Wednesday 11 June