English Teacher Positions in Jeddah Saudi Arabia
(1-2-year renewable contracts)
• The National Institute of Technology (NIT) is a recently commissioned post secondary, English-medium institution for training and education of male students majoring in technology oriented programs.
• The Institute offers an intensive English Program, which is part of a preparatory program. The institute is interested in recruiting well-qualified, committed and experienced teachers of English and Math.
• NIT is using a well established English program that has been well developed to suit the technology training programs and it has been successfully used for decades at similar institutions.
Applicants are invited to apply at any time for the following JOINING dates:
1- Oct 2008
2- Feb 2009
“ONLY MALE APPLICANTS WITH MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS NEED APPLY”
• A first degree with an MA in TEFL/TESOL or Applied Linguistics or a one- year, full-time postgraduate Diploma in TEFL/TESL from an accredited university is preferred.
• A first degree with basic postgraduate qualifications in TESOL (e.g. RSA/UCLES DELTA or Dip TEFLA) can also be considered for candidates with appropriate experience.
• A bachelor degree and CELTA+2years overseas experience is also acceptable.
• An Associate Degree + TEFL Certificate + Relevant Experience
A very competitive package depending upon qualifications and experience. All compensation is tax-free. Details will be presented during a face to face interview.
The working week is from Saturday to Wednesday. The teaching load is expected to be around 30 contact hours per week in addition to the usual out of class duties. Occasionally, faculty may have to substitute for a colleague who is sick or on emergency leave.
Calendar: NIT has its own academic calendar which is basically similar to the trimester system.
Vacations: Faculty leave is determined by the academic calendar of the Institute. A minimum paid vacation of one month is guaranteed in addition to the many Eid holidays (Ramadan and Hajj Breaks).
Air Tickets: Annual economy round-trip air tickets to the point of origin will be provided for the employee, his wife, and up to two children.
Applicaions: If you are interested in applying to NIT, an electronic application form (Word document Attachment) can be requested by sending and e-mail to:
write “NIT-ESLC-0807 application form request” in the Subject area of your e-mail message.
Dates and locations of interviews for candidates will be intimated to short listed applicants as soon as an application is on file.
For consideration as a candidate all applicants must fulfill all the following requirements:
1. A Fully COMPLETED application form (as an e-mail attachment as indicated above).
2. A scanned copy of the main page of your passport
3. A recent scanned passport size photograph
4. Scanned copies of all academic qualifications
5. A detailed CV
6. Indicate when and where you will be available for interview.
7. All required documents plus any additional relevant documents supporting your application should be sent as an e-mail attachment to:
For any further info please contact
National Institute of Technology
P O Box 21583