CET is a British-owned and managed chain of quality language schools operating in a number of locations across Western Siberia. We are currently seeking a Director of Studies and a number of teachers for early September starts in our locations in Nizhnevartovsk and/or Tyumen.CET has been operating in Russia since 1998 and has recently been accredited by UCLES to run the Cambridge examinations at our school in Nizhnevartovsk.
Nizhnevartovsk is a city of some 500,000 people, situated on the Ob River, east of the Ural Mountains and around 3,000km from Moscow. It is a modern town, built in the 1970s to service the nearby oilfields, and has grown since then into a sizeable city with a good range of shops, bars, restaurants and amenities. The school is situated in a premier location in the centre and caters to adults, teenagers, children, business people and examination classes.
Tyumen is a larger, much older Russian city situated some 800km south of Nizhnevartovsk on the main trans-Siberian railway line. Both towns are surrounded by forest (the Siberian taiga) and it is possible to arrange trips into the wilderness and also to the native settlements there. Western Siberia experiences a climate which varies enormously throughout the year, falling as low as -40c during the winter and rising as high as 40c in the summer.
Job Profiles, details and Requirements:
• Salary ranges from 1000 ‚Äì 1500 USD net monthly (see salary scale below), depending on experience and qualifications.
• Free, furnished, private accommodation (including all utility bills except international phone calls) provided in additional to salary to all teachers.
• 25 teaching hours per week, 2 weeks paid holiday in December.
• Flights from / to country of origin provided and paid for.
• Contract to run for 9 months from September 2008 ‚Äì May 2009.
• Regular 5-day teaching week with a range of available classes including adults, teenagers, younger learners, in-company business training and Cambridge examination classes (FCE, CAE)
• Modern, fully-equipped classrooms, academic support, good atmosphere and pleasant working environment at the school.
• Comprehensive medical insurance cover provided and all Russian taxes and visa costs paid.
• TEFL certificate required, experience an advantage but newly-qualified teachers also welcome to apply.
Director of Studies:
• As above but expected to have at least three-five years prior teaching experience plus DoS / ADoS experience and some academic/personnel management experience.
• Director of Studies is expected to manage, provide support and assistance to teaching staff in addition to teaching 12-16 hours per week, as well as organisational, administrational and scheduling responsibilities.
• Salary from USD 1500 – 1750 per month, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• Opportunities for promotion and transfer within the CET network after demonstrating ability and aptitude in this role.
Teacher Salary Scale (25 teaching hours per week)
Newly qualfied teacher (TEFL / CELTA cert, no experience) USD 1000 pcm
Teacher with TEFL / CELTA cert + up to 12 months experience USD 1100 pcm
Teacher with TEFL / CELTA cert + 1-2 years experience USD 1200 pcm
Teacher with TEFL / CELTA cert + 2-5 years experience USD 1300 pcm
Teacher with TEFL / CELTA cert and 5+ years experience USD 1400 pcm
In addition, we offer increments and additional payments for those with further teaching qualifications (DELTA, PGCE, QTS, MA TEFL etc) and to reward the dedication of longer-term staff.
All positions are for early September starts: to request further information, to apply or to arrange an interview, please email Rufus on firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching your CV and a covering letter giving your reasons for wishing to work in Russia